Six senior fire officials were selected for fellowships to attend the Harvard University’s Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program this summer at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. The 19-day program includes other state and local government leaders from across the country and focuses on exploring the interrelationships between citizens and government, analyzing policy options, and examining the ethical and professional responsibilities of leadership.
The fellowships were awarded based on recommendations of a nominating panel that included representatives of the sponsoring organizations and former program participants. Those selected are:
- Eugene Campbell, assistant chief, Dallas Fire Rescue Department;
- Otto Drozd, chief, El Paso (Texas) Fire Department;
- Joanne Hayes-White, chief, San Francisco Fire Department;
- Ken Miller, medical director, Orange County (Calif.) Fire Authority;
- Robert Simonds, chief, Saint John Fire Department, New Brunswick, Canada; and
- Randall Talifarro, chief, East Lansing (Mich.) Fire Department.