In Service Emergency Vehicle Technician of the Year
The In Service Online Emergency Vehicle Technician of the Year award will be given to one emergency vehicle technician to recognize his or her outstanding efforts to promote a high standard of excellence in quality and safety in emergency vehicles.
An emergency vehicle technician is defined as a trained and certified professional who has responsibility for specification, maintenance and/or safety of emergency response vehicles and equipment.
Selection criteria will emphasize leadership, professional development, integrity, and a commitment to the safe operation of emergency vehicles for the responders and the community. Criteria will include a nominee's implementation of safe procedures, advanced education in the field and service above and beyond will be considered.
The 2012 Emergency Vehicle Technician of the Year award will place special emphasis on the period from mid-2007 through 2012. A nominee's role at a major emergency incident, while relevant, will not solely be enough to place that individual into contention for the award.
Award Eligibility Requirements
The following requirements must be met for a nominee to be considered.
- Be a member in good standing of the IAFC Apparatus Maintenance Section or a State EVT Association as of January 1st, in the year in which the award will be presented.
- Have at least five (5) years full-time employment in the maintenance of emergency vehicles.
- Be working toward or passed any of the Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission tests.
- Be working toward or passed any of the Automotive Service Excellence tests.
- Foster professionalism through participation in a local, state or provincial maintenance/emergency vehicle technician association.
- Adhere to the education of safety practices and procedures in his/her profession.
Anyone can nominate an EVT that meets the criteria described above. A letter nominating the EVT explaining why the EVT is nominated for this award, as well as any supporting information should be e-mailed to email@example.com by November 2nd, 2012.
A member cannot nominate himself or herself for an award.
The nominee(s) will be advised that they have been nominated for an award. If that person wishes to be considered, they must complete an Award Recognition Response Form. Nominees will be asked to provide the following information: name; department; phone number; email address; and the name of the award that you have been nominated for.
The IAFC's Emergency Vehicle Management Section's Board of Directors and a representative of In Service will review all nominations and jointly select the winners. The EVMS Board and In Service reserve the right to omit an award. The winner will be notified by November 15, 2012. All nominees will be notified by e-mail of the results.
The EVT Award will be presented during the FDSOA Apparatus Symposium in Orlando, Florida, January 21-22, 2013.
Nominations for the 2012 EVT of the Year should be submitted by letter or e-mail to:
Attn: Connie Fonseca,
In Service EVT Award
330 N. Wabash, Suite 2300, Chicago IL 60611
The deadline for nomination is November 2, 2012