The International Association of Fire Chiefs is accepting applications for its Fire Service Executive Development Institute, a new year-long leadership-development program designed to provide new and aspiring chiefs with the tools they need to have successful and productive tenures. Deadline for applications is Feb. 8.
Participation is limited to 20 participants, who will be awarded a scholarship to cover airfare, housing and meals associated with program participation. The scholarship was funded by a grant from the Motorola Solutions Foundation.
The following criteria and guidelines have been established:
- Application is open to new and aspiring chiefs who have demonstrated a commitment to career advancement.
- Participants must make a one-year commitment to the program, which includes the following:
- A 6-day introductory residency at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Va. This is currently scheduled for March 11.
- A 4-6 month period of self-study, during which the participants will have access to mentors and executive coaches. There will also be opportunities for peer discussions.
- Institute attendees will then come together for 2 days of additional educational sessions, followed by continued mentoring and coaching.
- At the end of the program, Institute participants will come together for a final 2-day debriefing session.
- Upon completing the program, participants will be asked to complete a project that contributes to the enhancement of the fire service and to actively participate in professional organizations at the state or national level.
To apply to the Fire Service Executive Development Institute, complete the application and return via email to email@example.com or fax to 703-273-9363 by Friday, Feb. 8. For questions or more information, please contact Mary Beth Michos, senior advisor, at 703-680-1150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.