The International Association of Wildland Fire has announced six new members of its board of directors:
- Patricia Andrews, research scientist at the U.S. Forest Service Fire Lab in Missoula, Mont.;
- Mark Kaib, a fire ecologist with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service in Albuquerque, N.M.;
- Don Sarri, owner and president of H.I.S. Ventures Ltd. in Chase, B.C., Canada;
- Shad Sitz, the interagency aviation manager for the U.S. Forest Service and U.S. Department of Interior in Lakeview, Ore.;
- Paul Woodward, Ph.D., a professor of forest fire science at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; and
- Gavriil Xanthopoulos, Ph.D., a forest fire researcher at the National Agricultural Research Foundation in Athens, Greece.
They join current board members in providing leadership and oversight to the IAWF, an organization founded to promote a better understanding of wildland fire and dedicated to communicating with the entire wildland fire community.
The new board members are actively working on the IAWF Safety Summit to be held in Missoula, April 26-28.